Monday, July 18, 2011

Sugar, We're Going Down Swinging

It's all gone to shit people. I'm sorry but I doubt I have the ability to keep this blog going on my own. Let's face it: I have no talent when it comes to writing or trying to be insightful about anything. If this blog was about lame jokes then I could do it. I may throw in a post every once in awhile from here on out but I make no promises. Robby J was the glue that held this thing together and probably the only reason people read this blog. But, hey, I never go down without a fight, so here is my best attempt at a post.

So remember how I said that All Time Low signed with a major label and released a new record? And remember how I hoped it didn't ruin them? Well, it did. That new album sucks balls! And I mean it sucks. It's like every other pop punk pukey band out there. It's like a mix of Panic! At The Disco and New Found Glory. It's fucking shit! Do not even waste your time listening to it, it's such a disappointment. If you want good All Time Low, listen to Nothing Personal or Put Up or Shut Up. Those are good albums.

Also, WTF is with the HMV in Guelph? I went in there to get the new Alkaline Trio album and a couple of Farewell albums and they didn't have any of them! Get your act together HMV or I'll have to resort to downloading albums and I would genuinely like to support these bands and actually have a hard copy of their work. Besides, everyone knows there is less compression on CDs then there is on mp3s so the music just sounds better.

The one thing that was good about my HMV trip was the acquiring of the new Flogging Molly album Speed of Darkness. I've just finished listening to it and WOW, it's amazing. Gonna go out on a limb and say it may be the best Flogging Molly's album to date... time will tell but first impressions are off the chart. This is a pretty fitting song for the mixtape right now. This is "So Sail On".


I guess if this is the end of the mixtape then I'll have to throw in some of my favourites that have yet to surface. This is Motion City Soundtrack's "Even If It Kills Me". These guys own my life.


Another great finishing song by one of my favouite bands. This is "For All The Unheard" by The Bouncing Souls. Just listen...



Have you read The Perks Of Being A Wallflower? You should. It will change you. The main character, Charlie, makes a mix tape for his friend. The first and last song of this mixtape are "Asleep" by The Smiths. The Smiths only recorded this song once but they got it right the first time. Between Morrissey's voice and Marr's piano, I don't think a better song has ever been written. If this doesn't punch you in the heart, you have no soul.


Farewell friends, thanks for reading and maybe we'll be back again someday!

C Dot

No comments:

Post a Comment